Sunday, June 14, 2009

...and I'm Miss America

A tidbit from an article in this week's People magazine about one of the Housewives of New Jersey:

Danielle Staub says regarding plastic surgery rumors: "I haven't had anything done. Just my bubbies. Two times. " Regarding her face she says, "Botox! That's it. I had lip injections [for the first time] on TV."

Okay, so "I haven't had anything done" includes two breast surgeries, Botox at least once, and lip fillers. I know Botox and Restylane and the like are not surgical enhancements, but come on! These statements by her are akin to the ones Shasta makes fun of me for saying: "I haven't had anything to eat today...except for a hot chocolate, a bowl of cereal, some french fries, and a piece of pizza!" In my mind, whether surgical or otherwise, when a person alters the way they look, this is "having something done". Plus, just look at her face in the magazine photos! She has obviously had work done. My issue is not with this- it is with the way she both denies and admits to procedures in the same paragraph. Either tell the truth or tell people to mind their own beeswax! Don't lie when the truth is staring the readers in the face, pun intended.

I'm out...

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed Miss California's view on marriage. She has been all over the tv for her recent firing and has not missed a chance to remind us of it. She -almost in one breath- states her marriage views and asks for "tolerance" for her out of contract appearances. What a tard!

    ReplyDelete