Monday, April 20, 2009

random thoughts

I have random thoughts. I have been told many times that I am weird when I tell other people my random thoughts. Well, you know what? I don't care!

*I once wondered, while sitting in Qualcomm Stadium during a Padre game, how many people in the stands had only one kidney.

*I wondered at work the other day, as I was walking through several sets of doors, in place to keep the little animals from escaping, if anyone at my work will ever develop a repetetive motion injury from all the door openings that occur on a daily basis.

*I realized, on another day at work, that I have become so accustomed to the sound of clicking mice at computers, that I must have heard this sound millions of times, but less than 20 years ago, I had never heard the sound.

*I realize that at pretty much any moment during my day, someone dies.

*I find it amazing that since 1994, I have witnessed and helped with thousands of dog, cat, and rabbit castrations and ovariohysterectomies.

*I find it strange that I was able to, with almost zero fear, swim 1 mile in the ocean for the triathlon but was afraid to go out far enough the next day to do quality snorkeling.

*I believe that there is someone in the world that looks exactly like me.

*I recently came to the realization that by the year 2100, I will be dead and the world will continue, not in the sense that it can't run without me (because this clearly is not the case), but in the sense that I really don't matter in the huge scheme of things.

Okay, enough randomness for 1 day- until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I think you will be dead well before the year 2100 - but you might make it to 2069!

    ReplyDelete